Frequently Asked Questions
Midland Rental Properties abides by federal, state, and city fair housing laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, disability, age (over 18), marital and familial status, lawful source of income, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical appearance, political beliefs, military discharge or student status.
What are the qualifications to rent from Midland Rental Properties?
All applicants must meet ALL of the following minimum criteria:
- Your combined gross income is at least three times the monthly rent
Rental History/Mortgage History:
- You have an excellent rental reference –family/friends are not valid sources for references
- You have not been evicted from any place of residence
- If you own a home, you must have on time payments and cannot have a loan in default or foreclosure
- You have no more than 3 unpaid collections on your credit report
- You have no more than 6 paid collections on your credit report within the last 2 years
- You do not have any payments in default on your credit report
- You have not filed bankruptcy within the past two years (Two years of good credit is required since filing bankruptcy)
- You do not have any collections or civil judgments from previous landlord
- Midland Rental Properties is unable to obtain a credit report to determine creditworthiness
- You have not been convicted of a crime involving drugs, disturbance of neighbors, and destruction of property or violence to people or property.
Do I need a co-signer?
- Midland Rental Properties will accept a co-signer only if you do not meet the income requirements. If this is the case and you need a co-signer, then that person will also need to apply & meet all of the above application requirements.
Every occupant over the age of 18 MUST fill out separately (even if married)
- Rental Application
- Tenant Consent Form
- Picture Identification
- Proof of Income
- Equal to one (1) month’s rent
- Used to prevent the Landlord leasing the unit to someone else during an agreed period of time
- The landlord may make deductions for missing rent payments and for damages beyond ordinary wear and tear.
- Rent is ALWAYS due the first of the month. If rent payment is received after the 5th day, a $50.00 late fee is accrued. If a check is returned insufficient funds, a $35.00 fee is accrued.
- All units include refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal, washer & dryer hookups. We can install washer & dryer for an additional $45.00 per month.
Who is responsible for the utilities?
- Payment of all utilities is the responsibility of the tenant.
What are your pet policies?
- Small dogs & Cats may be allowed with Manager Approval. Additional pet rent per month. Picture of pet and current veterinarian records updated annually.
Lawn Care & Snow Removal
- Most all units include lawn care & snow removal